Cloud Infrastructure Intern
The Summer 2019 Cloud Infrastructure Intern will be exposed to a wide variety of cloud-related technologies and will work on the same projects as our full-time engineers! You'll be responsible for designing, implementing, and/or maintaining a large, diverse cloud system used by the federal government. You will gain exposure in Windows and Linux administration, network engineering using AWS VPC's, various applications such as Nessus (security), Splunk (logging), and ElasticSearch (data mining). You will also be responsible for helping to improve the security posture of the overall system through vulnerability scanning and remediation.
Students with interest or prior experience in ANY of the following areas are encouraged to apply!
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience in any number of AWS services (EC2, VPC, S3, etc.)
- Proficiency in scripting languages like BASH or PowerShell
- Experience with security tools including Nessus/ACAS, anti-virus, Bro, Snort, Suricata)
- Experience with log aggregation software: Splunk, NiFi, ElasticSearch
- Understanding of the TCP/IP networking model
- Experience automating manual tasks using Puppet, Salt, Chef, etc.
- Familiarity with the concept and implementation of containerization using Docker
- Familiarity with the CI/CD pipeline the use of CI/CD tools like GitLab, GitLab Runner, and Jenkins
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows system administration
- Proficiency in Windows Domain Administration (AD, GPO, DNS, etc.)
- Experience applying patches to Windows, Linux, and third party software by both manual and automated methods
Due to the nature of the Federal contract for which this specific position will be assigned to, candidates are required to have US citizenship and be eligible for a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.