Junior Infrastructure Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
Junior Infrastructure Engineer-TS/SCI with Polygraph
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to “empower” your career.
Stratus employees have been supporting the Cyber Immersion Lab (CIL), the experimentation facility for USCYBERCOM, for over 5 years. We designed the IT architecture, built the IT system, and now sustain and evolve the infrastructure to meet current and future needs. Infrastructure engineers working at the CIL have the rare opportunity to be hands-on with a variety of technologies in a diverse multi-vendor environment where there are no stove-piped lanes of work. We encourage team collaboration and knowledge sharing across the team to build a deeper bench of skills that benefits the whole support team.
To provide front line support to a truly interesting US CYBERCOM development environment. You’ll work closely with a team to create new solutions, solve problems, and enhance infrastructure on a day-to-day basis. This position offers a rare opportunity to grow your career while working directly with a dynamic team to learn new skills and experience cutting edge technology, all while supporting cyber experimentation.
A day in the life (just a few things you may do on any given day)
· Addressing “Tier 1/2" service desk tickets, and communicate with the users daily
· Account creation/modifications and assisting with onboarding users
· VMware vSphere and View administration
· Windows and/or Linux systems administration
· Physical deployment of machines, networking, and development environment components
· Cisco devices routing and switching
You will excel in this role if you are:
· A great communicator: Able to be a “technology translator” for our customers and users on a daily basis
· Customer-service oriented: Enjoy working on the front lines, and interacting directly with our userbase.
· Motivated: Looking to learn new things. We encourage cross training and learning new skills in our lab environment is possible every single day.
· A problem solver: Able to work through technical issues and critically think through new solutions.
· A team player: We value our team mentality!
What we are expecting from you (i.e., the qualification you must have):
· Active TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph (No CI or CCAs)
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT- related field. An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree.
· 3+ years of applicable experience
· Hands-on experience with desktop troubleshooting and the ability to think analytically and logically.
· Hands-on experience with network troubleshooting
· Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
Nice to Have:
· Experience working in ever-changing dynamic environments
· Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (VMware)
· Scripting or Automation Knowledge
· Experience working with Active Directory in a Windows environment.
· Enthusiasm to learn new skills, ability to work in a team environment, and desire to grow your career
What We Will Provide In Return:
· Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
· 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
· Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must meet additional criteria for cash-out).
· Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools the need to achieve success and grow their career.
· A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
· A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter, and an open-door policy
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.