RedHat Systems Engineer
San Antonio, Texas
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
Responsible for providing system administration tasks in support of the main Customer system and other identified systems
· Provides high-level subject matter proficiency for network & systems engineering activities, including troubleshooting and solution development
· Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment with an emphasis on Linux/Red Hat functional implementation, integration, documentation, training, and technical solutions for complex virtualization and networking problems
· Responsible for testing and analysis of all elements of the network platforms and components; monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources and initiates troubleshooting and service restoration processes
· Functions as a Linux/Red Hat SME for all network updates, enhancements, change requests, and all system/network engineering activities
· Participates in all phases of system or solution development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E).
· Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems and administration procedures to assist with design and installation of internal and external network management systems
· Tests, evaluates, and maintains network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements
· Consults with and advises other sections/teams regarding internal controls and security procedures
· Implements information systems assurance programs, patching/updates, and security control guidelines; provides documentation and or remediation solutions in support of IA functions
· Prepares activity and progress reports relating to the information systems audit function
· Initiates and tracks troubleshooting records and related operational availability metrics
· Uses current information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets in accordance with established standards and procedures
· Develops and maintains knowledgebase on changing regulatory, threat, and technology landscapes to continually develop or maintain security policies and standards, and ensure compliance for the weapon system
SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
· 5 years of relevant industry or Government experience
· Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
· 3 yrs experience in system integration
· 5 yrs experience working with servers, to include blade server technology
· 3 yrs experience in visualizing environments
· 3 yrs experience in CommVault and Compellent software or equivalent
· CompTIA A+ or Network+ or Security+
· Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Education Required: High School
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Applied Insight maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Applied Insight to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Applied Insight or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Applied Insight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.