Software Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Stratus Solutions, Inc., is rapidly growing and seeking smart, creative software developers to work on providing software development services for USCYBERCOM. You will participate in highly visible software design and implementation tasks with direct impact on the experimentation branch in USCC. A successful candidate will integrated into a variety of tasks ranging from scripting, to standalone prototype development, to large product development for a variety of research lab automation needs.
Stratus employees have been supporting the Cyber Immersion Lab (CIL), the experimentation facility for USCYBERCOM, for over 5 years. We designed the IT architecture, built the IT system, and now sustain and evolve the infrastructure to meet current and future needs. A software developer working at the CIL will have the rare opportunity to be hands on with a variety of technologies, including continued development on custom software for the lab. We also encourage team collaboration and knowledge sharing across the team to build a deeper bench of skills that benefits the whole support team.
Job Description: Junior Software Developer
Stratus Solutions manages USCYBERCOM’s development and experimentation IT environment. We are looking for a Junior Software Developer to primarily support virtualization and resource automation for the user base.
A day in the life:
- Automation for end-user Virtual Machine provisioning/de-provisioning (VMWare and Amazon AWS platforms)
- Automated scripting for Windows and Linux system tasks
- Automated configuration of Windows domains, through Active Directory object integration and manipulation
- Backend business logic for interaction with various 3rd party products, including SaltStack
- Automated cloud and network provisioning
- Automated auditing and reporting for system administration
- Integration with JIRA Service Desk, Confluence, and other Atlassian products
- TS/SCI with full scope polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT- related field. An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Experience with C# (preferred) or JVM-based object oriented language
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python.
- Strong understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare, Amazon AWS)
- Strong familiarity with Linux and Windows platforms
- Familiarity with RDBMS, i.e. SQLServer
Nice to have:
- Visual Studio with TFS/Git
- ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility
- Fundamentals of Active Directory and networking
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Workflow
- Experience with Docker, and configuring/deploying containers
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation, amazing benefits including top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank overtime hours for additional time off or extra compensation (must met additional criteria for cash-out).
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open door policy.