Newport News, VA
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
- Perform Systems Engineering and Development.
- Perform daily systems analysis, software/hardware upgrades, implementation support, and network services to ensure the integration of all system components.
- Determine if established networks need improvement and recommend solutions.
- Oversee/perform functional tests of the hardware/software to resolve technical problems, ensure appropriate on-site repairs, and identify potential failure points or other concerns.
- Ensure that new or altered programs interface with existing systems.
- Draft proposals to enhance and improve efficiencies to meet future network requirements.
- Assess network requirements related to development of the system architecture and changes to system/program specifications.
- Determine physical storage requirements based on the volume of data, data relationships, size of records, anticipated growth, access methods, and data compression techniques.
- Administer Windows and Unix-based servers & workstations at the operating system and application level for C2 systems for both physical and virtual instances.
- Support installed software: updates and releases, patches, and TCNO’s for C2 systems.
- Manage COTS/GOTS software support for C2 Systems.
- Manage identified C2 System network and infrastructure devices/equipment including software setup and configuration management.
- Coordinate problem resolution affecting C2 systems with network services/providers.
- Troubleshoot and remediate network failures for IP based networks affecting C2 systems.
- Administer NSA approved network encryption devices, SAN, NAS, and network infrastructure supporting C2 systems.
- Provide pertinent data supporting the accreditation and certification of C2 Systems.
- Adhere to IA policies and procedures in compliance with DISA STIGs and AFNETOPS directives for C2 systems.
- Accept and complete trouble tickets/service request from help desk, customer calls, COR, and team leads (problem reports) for supported IT applications.
- Review various system diagram, patching, testing/integration, security, configuration, and upgrade planning documentation from team leads, COR, and help desk.
- Implement Government approved network configurations changes.
- Perform site surveys to assist with network configuration design considerations.
- Assist with establishing quality standards and technical direction in the evaluation of C2 System proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related engineering, computer science, information systems, or technical field. Seven (7) years on the job experience and related certifications (e.g. CompTIA Network+ or Cisco Certified Network Professional) can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree. Of these seven (7) years, three (3) must be related to C4 programs.
- 5+ years of experience providing information systems administration support, of which three (3) years of experience providing technical expertise and support for C4 programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency maintaining the following systems and platforms: Oracle, UNIX, Solaris OS, NIS+, ACAS, VMWare, NetApp and Red Hat.
- Demonstrated expertise with Network Infrastructure to include Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Firewall, Router, Switches, IAVA Patching/Upgrade, Documentation and SOP, Failover/Coop.
- Certifications Required: DoD 8570.01-M IA Level II certification.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a field applicable to this position [e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering; equivalent to that of System Administrator/Engineer.
- Clearance required: TS security clearance
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Applied Insight maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Applied Insight to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Applied Insight or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Applied Insight is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Applied Insight to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, Applied Insight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.