Web Application Developer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
About Us: Engineers solving real-world problems
Every day we support missions that matter with work across cloud infrastructure, cyber security and development operations (DevOps).
At Stratus, you will solve real-world problems, work amongst others who share your passions and feed your ambition. Our company was built by and is run by engineers who not only realize the importance of hiring those who are great at what they do, but also understand and grant the autonomy you need to achieve success. We give you the tools you need to empower your career.
Your Mission: Leverage your web development expertise and gain exposure into AWS automation
Enhance your current web development skillset by developing a custom application backed by AWS services and resources. You will be an integral part of a team of knowledgeable technologists responsible for helping to build a nationwide cloud presence within the DoD for unclassified software development. This is a multi-faceted position requiring you to spend time working with web development frameworks, AWS services, and back end resources, to efficiently improve automations, aid collaboration efforts customers and engineers, and streamline infrastructure processes.
A day in the life: (just a few of the things you may do on any given day)
- Develop infrastructure automation components presented to end users via a web UI
- Enhance presentation features, adding dashboards and system metrics to a customer-accessible front end
- Interact with various operating systems, applications, environments, and cloud computing platforms to create IT automation and orchestration activities
- Use open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project
- Collaborate with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered
You will excel in this role if you are:
- Embracing Emerging Technology: You will leverage AWS and its accompanying tools daily as you help build and stand up a game-changing development environment.
- Well-rounded: You will need to bring in-depth experience across multiple technologies including scripting, development/test/QA tools, cloud, container, and orchestration tools, Linux and Windows operating systems, networking, security and automation.
- Motivated: You want to continually learn new things and work with new technologies.
- Agile: Able to work as part of small team working together to develop a solution for both commercial and government customers.
- Focused on Automation: Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase efficiency, speed, and operability of tasks.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- At least 6 years of experience performing software development, software engineering, or software automation.
- Significant experience performing software development in Linux operating system environments.
- Experience with web development frameworks (Laravel, Django, Tornado, etc.)
- Experience with agile software development in PHP, Java, C/C++, Python, Go, or Node.js
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Nice to have:
- AWS experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience performing automation in Windows or Linux environments using scripting languages such as Bash or PowerShell.
- Experience with development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
What We Will Provide In Return:
- Excellent compensation and amazing benefits that include top of the line BCBS PPO coverage with ZERO deductibles. We pay for 100% of the employee premium and cover 90% of your dependent’s premium.
- 10% 401K employer contribution with no employee contribution required.
- Generous paid time off that includes sick, vacation and floating holidays as well as the ability to bank hours worked over target for use as leave within the same quarter.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should hire those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success, further their expertise and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication via slack, internal messaging boards and email lists, our employee newsletter and an open-door policy.
www.StratusSolutions.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.